How To Make Money With a Website
It seems that almost everyone has, at one time, had a fantasy about starting their own business, most of which involve using the internet and a website. In fact, due to the ever increasing ease of use, internet businesses are growing at a phenomenal rate. Unfortunately, 99% of web sites never make more than a few dollars each month.
So, how do you make sure that your website or home business is one of the 1% that actually makes some money?
- Take the time to do it right. – The internet is full of cheesy, cookie-cutter, web sites that offer no value to the reader. When you are building your website, take the time to make it look nice and ensure that is stands out fro the billions of other website’s on the net. If you do not have the skills to build a nice site yourself, spend the money to hire someone to do it for you.
- Provide the reader with something that is worth reading. – Most people use the internet for research or hobby reading on topics that interest them. Your website or home business MUST give free information that a reader will want to know. You don’t have to give away all your information or trade secrets but, you do have to offer an incentive that will keep a potential customer on your site long enough for you to get some money out of them.
- Use every method possible to make money on each visitor. – Let’s face it, even the most profitable business will not convert 100% of their visitors. However, you can increase your conversions by diversifying your revenue streams. If you sell a product for example, be sure that your product is not the only way you have to get money. Including ads, affiliate programs, and free trials are just a few ways that you can diversify your income streams.
- Build a community – A website is a great way to build an online community interested in your home business. Offering forums for people to correspond in and providing free answers to people’s questions can be a great way to "trap" a reader and keep them coming back to your site.
- Optimize your website for the Search Engines. – SEO or search engine optimization is the process of making your website easy to find and read by search engines. In fact, most web sites fail because nobody knows they exist. Look for a free e-book or hire someone to optimize your site. A SEO consultant can help you determine the best ways to have your site optimized and profitable. Zero traffic will always equal zero sales.