Education for Girls: Education for any of the country is a basic part of a living being, whether it’s a boy or a girl. Education aims to help an individual to learn new things, to be smarter, and to know more about the facts of the world. Education plays one of the most important roles in Women Empowerment and upliftment. It also supports to put a stop to differentiation based on gender as education is an equal right for boy or girls. Education is the primary step which provides women with the power to choose the way of life she wants to lead. She doesn’t have to depend on anyone, she is free to choose her lifestyle.
Education for Girls in India is broadly required for the development and growth of the nation because girls can do most of the things and tasks better than the boys. Nowadays girl education is mandatory and is also necessary because girls are the future of the country. In India, girl’s education is important as to develop nation and society socially and economically. Educated women generate a very positive influence on Indian society through their donation in professional fields like – defense services, medical, science, and technology. They are good at business and are also well-versed in managing their home and office at the same time. We must admire that an improved economy and society are the result of improving girl’s education. Educated females can also help in controlling the population of the nation by marrying at the right or later age as compared to the illiterate women.
At early age or in ancient times, Women education was quite good but in the middle age, it was worse because of various limitations towards women. However, time to time it was getting improved and better day by day as Indian people have understood the fact that without the growth, increase and development of women, the development of the country is not possible. It is very authentic that equal expansion of both sexes will increase the economic and social growth in every area of the country.
How can we improve Girls Education?
- Important to have Parental and community involvement – It’s very important that families and communities must be important partners with managing children’s education and schools in developing curriculum.
- Schools close to home, with women teachers – Many of the parents bother about girls travelling long distances on their own. Many parents also favor having daughters taught by only women.
- Girls Preparation for school – It’s a fact that girls do the best when they get proper early childhood care, which improves their self-esteem and prepares them for school.
- Relevant curricula in Schools – Learning stuff should be applicable to the girl’s background and be in the local language. They should also avoid reproducing gender customs.
- Low-cost and flexible timetables in Schools – Basic Education for Girls must be free or cost very little. Where its possible, there should be allowances and scholarships to compensate their families for the loss of girls’ household labor. there should be flexible school hours so that children can assist at home and still attend classes.
Advantages of female education: Education for Girls
The following are the advantages of educating a girl child.
- Prosperity And Economic Empowerment: Why we should support Education for Girls It is very important and important to educate a girl child as they will come forth and contribute towards the development and prosperity of the country.
- Economic Empowerment: Education will empower and grow women and girls economic. From what they have learned and educated they can be qualified to do something like self-businesses or get employed after completion of their studies. This will make them self-dependent and economically fit. So education will encourage girls and women to be economically powerful.
- A chance to select a career of their own choice: Once girls are educated, they can be strong in their various professions. It will be very easy for girls to go for the careers they love or to do what they want to become. Given the opportunity, girls can become pilots, doctors, and engineers. They will be able to perform well in their work and be successful in what they do.
- Girls health improvement: Why we should support Education for Girls Importance of health and maintaining proper hygiene will lead Girls and women a good healthy life. Through educating them, they are able to learn how to live and lead a healthy lifestyle. This will assist in the prevention of health-related diseases. Also when girls are educated, they know all the healthy ways to take care of their families. It will lead to the building of strong nation if the primary caregivers of children and families have knowledge of proper sanitation and practice it. It will help decrease the prevalence of people suffering from various diseases.
- Human Trafficking: Women are most exposed to trafficking when they are undereducated or illiterate and poor, according to the United Nations Inter-Agency Project on Human Trafficking. By providing young girls with opportunities and fundamental facilities, this billion-dollar industry and business can be significantly undermined.
- Honor And Dignity: Educated and trained women are appreciated in most of the societies they come from. Hence education offers dignity and honor in the society. Educated women will be a beginning of inspiration to many adolescent girls as they will be recognized as role models for others.
- Smaller and Planning Families: There is a increased participation in school decreases fertility rates over time. For eg: In Mali, Females with secondary education or higher have an average of three children. Matches with no education have an average of seven children.
- Income Potential: Education also allows a woman’s wallet through boosting and growing her earning capabilities. According to the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, also called UNESCO, a single year of primary education has shown to improve a girl’s wages later in life by 20 percent.
- Poverty Reduction: When women are offered with equal rights and equal access to education, then they go on to compete in business and economic activity. Improved earning power and income struggle against current and future poverty through clothing, feeding, and providing for entire families.